Full Narrative Script! :D
Hello, my name is Zachary Fried and I was Project Manager, Narrative Designer, and a Concept Designer for The Nest (play here). This was my first Global Game Jam and game jam, in general, to participate in. I learned a great deal and got to share some amazing experiences with new friends and phenomenal people over discord.
During team High Roller's 48 hours to complete the game, I helped design a short story for our players. Although, not everything I wrote could make it into the final game (play here). For anyone who doesn't feel like playing the game or is just interested on our narrative, here's the full game dialogue and narrative flow below :D. Enjoy!
**THE DRONE HAS TO SAY AT THE BEGINNING OF THE GAME ONCE THE PLAYER SEES IT…
**THE DRONE HAS TO SAY AT THE BEGINNING OF THE GAME ONCE IT WAKES UP…
- “Hey, I was sleeping. Shut me down!” “Who sent you here? Who are you? WHO DARES WAKE UP THE GREAT M.O.F.F.? Don’t make me hurt you!” “What’s this, what does your shirt say? The International Coalition of Explorers Chasing the Reaches of Extreme Anterior Motion? I.C.E.C.R.E.A.M… Hmm when does C.O.N.E. get here? AHAHAHAHAHAH!
- “Anyways, my name’s M.O.F.F. I’m an A.I. drone who enjoys powering down more than powering on.”
- “Now, if I.C.E.C.R.E.A.M. sent you here there’s something that must be found, huh? Let me tell you, nothing is here and there never will be, this is a floating junkyard.”
- ”Oh, you’re holding a list. I.C.E.C.R.E.A.M. sent you to find a COUPLE of things?! I guess one drone’s trash is another collector’s WASTE of time, BWHAHAHA! Anywho, Go home! There’s nothing valuable here.”
- “Wait a minute. All you explorers, more like “dumpster divers,” come here on the Nest searching for an exotic commodity or a marvel of some sort.”
- “You all come with high hopes for some “remarkable find” and then lose all your expectations when you leave with nothing but a goodie bag of nuts and bolts.”
- “I haven’t stretched my wires in a few weeks so let’s take a tour of this high-tech wasteland and get you out of here. On second thought, maybe I’ll stay put. I feel like I’m suffering from something... But aren’t we all, HAHAHAH?
- “...tough crowd. But seriously, It’s like my core is trying to BURST RIGHT OUT OF ME! Guess I need to repair my SUN-k flowder buds for my processing unit. So, where we going?”
[order for songs - correct order finishes the game basically after interacting with the egg]
*THE DRONE SAYS ONCE DOOR THREE IS OVER AND THE PLAYER EXITS
- “Well, you came here looking for some antiques and now you got yourself some rare birds!”
- “That MP3 sure is something! I guess that’s what all these galaxytrotters must be pursuing. You should leave and scram as fast as you can!”
**M.O.F.F. HAS TO SAY AT THE END OF THE GAME ONCE THE PLAYER SELECTS THE THIRD MP3 SONG AND UNLEASHES THE EGG INSIDE M.O.F.F.
SEQUENCE OF THE ENDING
- “You probably have a lot of questions and I understand… First, you should return my rightful property.”
- **The player then sees on the top of the screen YOU FOUND AN ALIEN EGG.
- “Big deal. Alien eggs are normal in this futuristic video game.
- **The player then sees on the top of the screen THIS IS THE ONLY ONE IN EXISTENCE!”
- “*M.O.F.F blows raspberry* I disagree.”
- **The player then sees on the top of the screen M.O.F.F. ! STOP LYING!
- “Here’s the truth cadet…
*M.O.F.F. PAUSES FOR DRAMATIC EFFECT*
- I’m a bird.”
- **The player then sees on the top of the screen YOU DO THIS EVERY TIME M.O.F.F. ! HURRY, WE’RE TRYING TO WRAP UP THE GAME FOR THE PLAYER!
- “Okay, okay, you got me! Well, if all you scroungers wanted it so much, why did no one ever ask?” “Especially, you. Why don’t you ever speak up a little?” UHH, next time my INVENTOR, shouldn’t upload my hardware commands into an MP3 player. You must be really smart or really lucky.”
THANK YOU FOR PLAYING THE NEST
Get The Nest
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.